Thursday, January 17, 2008

Yoga and spring break

Today I made my first attempt at going to a power yoga class. Apparently the key is to do a little more abdominals work and keep one's heart rate. My opinion was mixed. It was not nearly as difficult as I expected, at least in the cardio sense. However, some of the positions were a little more extreme, and required more strength and balance than usual yoga. As an aside, you'd think swimming would be the sport that required the least balance of the three - after all, how is it that floating would require more balance than moving 25 M.P.H on two wheels a centimeter wide? And yet, swimming requires an amazing amount of balance.

So, secondly, I'm beginning to think I might try to go to a triathlon camp in Spain in early April. Downsides are 1)$$$, 2) it would be the week after I finished National Marathon and presumably I'd be recovering. Although, who knows. Perhaps it would perfectly timed to occur right at the beginning of the build period. There seem to be quite a few different companies offering bike tours, which, frankly, is all I really want. I'm tempted to go myself, but the potential for disaster when combining shipping a bike, the possibility for mechanical failures, and the prospect of getting lost somewhere in backwater Italy, well, it seems crazy.

Finally, I'm scheduled to meet with a nutritionist next week who will hopefully help me figure out a diet.

No comments: