Sunday, January 13, 2008

How it all began

I live my life in compulsive phases. Currently that phase is premised on training for, and competing in, triathlons. Thus far, my only race was the Nation's Triathlon. I finished at around 2:40. Not great, but not bad either I think, considering my fitness level left much to be desired. I've cycled for three summers now, but never with purpose and I smoked and drank away my fitness in the winter. However, after passing a relatively major milestone of years, I'm hoping to put all the effort I can into this for this summer. I have an ambitious race plan.

In March, I'm doing the National Marathon
In April, the Richmond 10K
In May, the Big Lake Half Marathon in Alton, NH.
Nothing in June as of yet, maybe just some hard training. I should be pretty solidly at the end of the build phase
July is busy, with the first tri of the year, a 1/2 Ironman in Rhode Island on 13 July New York City Triathlon on 20 July. (Yeah, NYC will not be my hardest effort, but I couldn't resist the chance to swim in the Hudson)
In August, it's back to NH for the Timberman 1/2 Iron in Guilford. It may also possibly include the Philadelphia Tri on 3 August.
September has both the Nation's Triathlon again on 14 September, and if I'm feeling it, Chesapeake Man (140.6) on the eastern shore of the bay on 27 September.
October, pending the degree to which my knees are still functional, the Marine Corps Marathon on 26 October.

I expect I'll add at least one or two century rides in June and mid-August and maybe mid October.

This is the plan thus far. Check back to see how it goes.

No comments: