Saturday, February 2, 2008

A warm Saturday

Today it got warm. Sort of. Up early and on the road by 9:30, it felt cold through much of today's ride, but it was pleasant and warm by the time I got home and went for a run - 1PM or so. The ride was long-58 miles over 3 hours 40minutes. The run was short, 4 miles over about 34 minutes. Both were really slow. During the ride, I stayed in zone 2 for 74 percent of the ride, zone 1 for 14 percent and zone 3 for 10 percent. You can actually see a bar graph of this on the website linked above, and it looks exactly like a normal distribution. I think this is ideal. The run was much higher in its zone - 66 percent in zone 4! I clearly need to work on running more efficiently it would seem.

In other news, I'm going to a swim clinic tomorrow. It requires a very early morning, but at least Ill be able to get home and hope on the bike early too. And then a long, easy run perhaps.

No comments: