Thursday, April 10, 2008

Speed kills.

In this case, speed kills my trepidation that I am not properly dialed into my bike. Pheww.

Today was a beautiful day here, so after work I decided I'd go for a ride on my tri bike. I have yet to ride it regularly and when I have put some miles on it, it has felt really slow. Possibly this is because the rear wheel was rubbing against the seat tube - so after moving the back axle just a little rearward, seems like it's much faster.

Here's the track. It's not so impressive because it was very slow getting to and from the loop where I tried to ride fast. However, if you look at the normal distribution of the speed, you'll see that I put quite a few miles down at a pace somewhat higher than my average. So, I'm feeling dialed in.

The real test will come of course at the upcoming 70.3 race a week from this Saturday. I'll put the marker down now, if I can get a good bike leg in, I'll shoot for a 5 hour race.

No comments: